Ben's Hair Cut

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

After (the back) - Benito to butch

After - the front
Before - the front
Before - the back


Well, let it be a good lesson to me that you don't cut your kids hair unless you know what you're doing.

I wanted to trim up the back because as you can see, he had a huge bald spot and then long hair underneath (haha). So I started with the top with a comb and a pair of scissors. I saw a hair dresser do that once to somebody and I didn't think it looked too hard. But then I got impatient (and so did Ben!) and I just started snipping. By the time I had finished, he had 4-5 bald marks all over the back of his head. I called up the neighbor, Erin (thanks, Erin!) who I knew had an electric hair cutter. She helped me even it out. After it was all over, I was pretty much looking at my son with tears in my eyes. What did I do! He was so soft and fuzzy :(

What do you gals do to get your boys' hair cut?

p.s. Ben went to the Dr. today and weighs 15 1/2 lbs.! And he got his baby blessing last Sunday in church.

3 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

So, I've cut both Devan and Tristans hair and it never turns out like I plan, but I am cheap and continue to do it anyway. If you have a few extra bucks, I'd take him in to have it done ;) If not, try putting them in a highchair and letting them have a sucker and watch a video. Or put a mirror in front of them. Hope that helps!

Hollygram said...

Hi Shelly,

Ok you busted on me about cutting your Dad's hair! :) Hair does grow!!
He looks cute no matter what!!

Take care,

Love,

Holly

Unknown said...

oooraleeee kedo chida la rapada se ve muuuyy bien masiosare junior....justo asi deberia pelarse emanuel...saluti