A Rain Celebration

Friday, July 10, 2009

Growing up in the Northeast, rain is almost always a burden. If you want to go out and do something, you must check the forecast first. Rain spoils days at the lake, trips to Six Flags, and driving safely. We have verses that talk about the rain man and sad children wanting to play: "rain rain go away, come again another day, me and ___ want to play".

But here, it's the complete opposite! I hope for rain everyday of my life! I hope it rains so that it cools off and we get a break from the sun. I hope it rains so that my grass doesn't die and I don't have to figure out when it's legal to water my garden. This is how Emma and Benjamin will grow up, loving the rain. And this is the day it began for Emma, on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Halsey said...

I love this post. Even though it has rained in Rexburg every day for the past month, somehow I love it! It keeps the apartment a bearable temperature. I also like the stormy mood; it's so exciting! Love the picture of Emma.

Hollygram said...

Shelly,

Don't you love it when it rains cats and dogs!! :)

Emma looks so sweet.. raindrops keep falling on my head!!

Keep the photos coming!!!

Love,

Hollygram

Erin said...

That is such a cute picture of Emma! She does look like she is thoroughly enjoying the rain, how cute! I feel the same way about rain lately, wishing everyday that it will come and disappointed when it doesn't.

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest smile ever! I love my niecey :) Can't wait to see you guys!!

Lexi said...

Michelle, your pictures are beautiful. I also wanted to say I LOVED what you wrote about your father and husband on Father's Day. I may want to barrow the essence of that tribute and language sometime!

{ Lana Cox } said...

I'm so glad to hear it rained in San Antonio! I've been worrying about my lawn dying while I'm gone.