Update

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How does an otherwise loyal blogger go dormant? 1 word. The kitchen. The source of my success, my defeats, my stress, and my haven.

Honestly, I am starting to wonder if there is a cure for Emma's condition. I can control diarrhea, but not eczema. Eczema is a wild mind of it's own.

I took out all 31 of Emma's allergies out of her diet (of the most annoying are chicken, wheat, rice, corn, eggs, apples and bananas). I tried to go 1 week using alternative grains like quinoa, millet, oat, etc. I rotated the remaining foods to once every 4 days, including fruits, to avoid developing new allergies and sensitivities. I made a lot of pancakes and popsicles. After 1 week, her skin was the same or worse. What is the deal here?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Michelle I'm sorry. I wish I could help you or knew someone that really could. You are a super mom with all these things you are trying to help Emma. I admire your creativity and determination. Sorry the latest didn't help her skin improve. You keep changing your pics on the side, I like seeing them every time you change them. Cute new ones!

Hollygram said...

Hi Honey!

I agree with Erin's comments 100%. Your are wonderful mother! I was wondering you contacted the support groups and Dr.'s that I emailed to you. You are not alone... possibly they can be of some help to you and Emma!

Take care and stay well..

Love to all,

Holly

Emilio Z. said...

Michi!

I really miss you guys. I look forward to see you guys one day soon. I've been following your blog. I have much love, respect and admiration for you guys, but after seeing your faithfulness and the hard work you put into your family all of these have increased. I know without a doubt that you will be able to deal successfully with this situation and will overcome it. Much love siblings!

Michelle G. said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! It means a lot to me!

Love,
Michelle

Halsey said...

All I can say is WOW. I don't know how you do it! It's hard enough for me to plan a week's worth of menus and follow it, much less try and figure out how to cook without any normal ingredients! Emma is one lucky gal. And maybe she'll grow out of her eczema (wishful thinking???) I know my little sister did. It took her about through high school, but after puberty it just went away. Kind of nice...kind of.