Emmanuel Gone, Sam Here (now gone, too)

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I haven't been posting because I don't have a camera. Emmanuel left 2 weeks ago Saturday to Guadalajara, Mexico to train some guys at USAA's new post down there. He took the camera :) Good news is that my sister came with her awesome camera and skills and took some really nice portraits of me and the kids. Those are the only ones I have to post, all though a lot has been going on besides that. So forgive the picture-less summary, but here it is!

Mar 2 (Sunday)- Emmanuel leaves, Mami realizes that she shouldn't be so cocky that she'd be okay after a tantrum-y mess happens in sacrament meeting. Mami eats out on Sunday (gasp!) out of sheer desperation. As the taco nears her mouth she wonders why she is eating a taco!? Emmanuel is gone after all, and La Madeline or Panera is just across the street. The "who am I-ing" starts until Sam arrives Tues. Mar 4.

March 5-8 - Emma starts sleep walking and waking up in freakish frenzy. I start putting her to bed later (aka very tired) and it stops. Thank goodness!! Mami realizes she NEEDS Emmanuel even more. He slept walked as a child. The only thing that snapped him out of it was his father's priesthood blessing.

March 6 - Michelle holds her first ever cooking demo on how to make chicken stock.

March 7 - I take Sam to San Marcos and get the kid some clothes! She was in rags when I received her!!

Mar 8-9 - Sam is feeling better on a no-proccesed food diet (traditional) and wants to know more.

Mar. 9 - Oh yeah, Emma is potty training 1 week now and she pooped in her underpants in sacrament meeting (argh!!). In Relief Society, Kristen Weathers asks the question in her lesson, "of course you believe in Christ, but do you believe him? Do you believe the promise he has made to us through his Atonement?" My burdens fly away in this hour REMEMBERING that I believe.

Mar 10 (Mon.)- Sam and Shell (yep, family calls me Shell and Shelly) connect for real and cry our eyes out. It's not always that you can talk face to face with someone you grew up with. I love you Sam!!! Thanks for trusting me.

Mar 11 - Sam leaves and Shell feels recharged and content. Life is good.

March 15 Emmanuel comes home and we are having a party!!!


Now for some eye candy.













6 comments:

Samantha Hanny said...

Aww! I love you Shell! Thanks so much for everything!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Those pictures are adorable! I've been meaning to ask you, how did your cooking demonstration go? I was so sad to miss it. My cold was so bad Thursday I couldn't even talk! If you have anymore fun demos I'd love to come!! How nice for you to have some sister bonding time. I bet you are super ready to have Emmanuel back. Oh and btw your yard looked beautiful when I stopped by the other day. I'm totally jealous.

Michelle G. said...

Hey Lana - the cooking demo went well. It was mutually a learning experience. I loved sitting around the table to chat! There aren't enough of those food-related girl moments in my life haha. I should be having one every 4-6 weeks so you'll get another chance!

Thanks for the comment on my yard!!

Lexi said...

You've done beautifully as a "single" moma for 2 weeks! Such times help put everything into perspective ehh...? Thanks for being a great friend. Call me if you need ANYTHING! I'll gladly take the kids again--bring them over for a night out when Emmanuel gets home too.

Brandi said...

I love the pictures! Your cuties are growing so fast! Glad that your sister got to come visit! How fun!

Halsey said...

Aw, I LOVE the picture of the kiddos hugging each other. Moments like that make me want to have another baby. And I will...just not right this second!