Spring Garden

Monday, May 31, 2010

So most of you know this is my second year gardening ever, in TX or anywhere. I have so much to learn! But I love it because it gives me a hobby I enjoy, and then veggies and herbs to enjoy. I always have a project to do, whether it be prune the tomatoes or install a soaker hose, it's fun to get outside and watch it grow.

This is my newest project in the front of the house - some landscaping. I am thinking of doing some or all of it edible. I'm still researching...

My vegetable and herb garden. Herbs in left front corner, tall plants behind them are tomatoes and 1 tomatillo, to the right of those are the cucumbers, pumpkin. On the trellises are cantaloupes, and the bushes in the front right are wax and green beans. All organic!

Back in January how the above all started. It's a miracle how a seed can grow into those giants!

3 comments:

Erin said...

You've been a busy blogging lady! Your garden is looking awesome. It has really grown since the last time
I saw it. Can't believe how tall those tomatoe plants
have grown! Oh and thanks for the reference to my recipe on you food blog! Hehe, I smiled when I saw you mention that it was adapted from there!

Lexi said...

I admire gardeners. Maybe I will plant a fruit tree... start with A plant... hmm... but you do inspire me. And, Ben is so cute! Too bad he's afraid to stay with me!

Halsey said...

The miracle of growing plants! There's something about it that just makes you feel wholesome and at one with the earth.