Mami and Emma Go to SixFlags

Tuesday, June 17, 2008



It didn't sound like that big of a deal, taking Emma to SixFlags one afternoon, since we have a free parking pass and a season pass - but to make a long story short, it totally kicked my butt. Why? Well, it was 98 degrees that day (typical high here in SA these days) it was about a mile hike to get to the kiddie area in the water park, and part of that hike was up a 5-story ramp pushing a stroller in my flip-flops. Then we got there, and Emma was all freaked out by the sprinkly water spout that randomly squirted all of the kids from above. I thought it was refreshing, but because of the sprinkles, she didn't even want to be in the pool area! She kept running away from me, silly goose. Next time we'll have to try a different area, wear sneakers then change into flip flops, bring a life jacket so we can go in the pool, and hopefully take papi or another friend to help out with any chasing or complaining. Haha everything seems like a pain when you have a 42 inch pregnant waist and it's 98 degrees outside, I guess. I managed to get a few pictures, since I think Emma looks darn cute in a swim suit (brat face or not haha).

p.s. I am super excited because Emmanuel's taking me to a Rascal Flatts concert this weekend! (He hates country though, so ummm, we'll see what happens.)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Totally cute swimsuit. I feel your pain with chasing the little on though! And, I'm SO jealous you're going to Rascal Flatts!

Brandi said...

Yeah we went on vacation. Later I thought, I should have put that we would be gone for awhile and that we didn't disappear:) What a little cutie! She really is growing up so fast! Good job at braving it by yourself:)
Have a great time at the concert! That'll be so fun for you guys! Hope that you are doing good and that your pregnancy is going well. Take care! Love, Brandi

Katie Smith said...

You're a trooper Michelle! We have season passes to Seven Peaks and luckily we only live 2 block from the park. I guess I have it pretty easy compared to your hike!

Emma does look adorable in her swimming suit. She's just adorable...period.

Have fun at Rascal Flatts. I would love to go to one of their concerts, but Mike and Emmanuel are one in the same with hatin' country. What's up with that?

Emmanuel said...

Country = Agriculture
Rock = Culture
:P