Sneaky, But Delicious?

Monday, August 18, 2008

So most parents, okay, moms, probably buy this book to sneak more veggies into their kids. I bought this book to trick myself into eating more veggies! Ha I really hope I'm not the only one. The thing is, if you grow up not eating your veggies, and you marry someone also picky about them, then your kids are basically doomed, right? So I'm trying to reverse our bad parent behaviors in hopes that our kids will love their veggies someday, through osmosis :)

The first recipe I made was blueberry lemon muffins. (After spending about 4 hours making purees and cleaning up.) They came out okay. Maybe I was silly making these 1st seeing as I grew up eating everything blueberry from Grandma's blueberry bushes and kitchen. I was bound to have high expectations. But, I made a ton of purees, so I'll keep at it this week at least! For tonight...chicken nuggets with broccoli puree!

2 comments:

Hollygram said...

Shelly,

Gee, I am the first to respond!! :)

My.. you are creative and a good cook to boot! Your kids will be super healthy!!

Happy baking and have fun in the process!

Love,

Holly

Yadira Lopez said...

hey piglet remember the tomatoes you used to slice for work???? hahahaha