Thanksgiving

Friday, November 28, 2008

This Thanksgiving we split up the work with the neighbors and had a lot of fun over at their place. Emma loved having a buddy to play with, although I have to say that she was a bit of a bully :( She's still having a hard time adjusting to having to share her mom and I think that's making her a little bit irritable with everybody.

I have so much to be thankful for this year:

We welcomed our Benito into the family, and he is perfect and healthy. We shared an amazing and unforgettable experience leading up to his birth. Oh! And Ben slept 5 and then 4 hours last night - allowing me to only get up once! I love sleep!

Emma is so fast with her language skills that she can say her ABCs to "G" and can count from 1-10 in Spanish and English. She only hears a word once in context and remembers it forever. She recognizes and can spell her name. She also recognizes and can say 9 shapes (including rhombus and trapeziod!).

Emmanuel continues to recieve recognition at work for a job well done. And I say they had better recognize him - he went to work the week Ben was born and we moved! He has come such a long way as a Dad! There was a time he wouldn't change diapers. Now he jumps right anticipating the needs of the kids (and me) without hesitation. He has listened to me whine and cry and say crazy things as we moved, transitioned from 3 to 4/5 (mom-in-law). He probably doesn't care a rat's rump about breastfeeding, but he'll listen and act interested and he tells me what I need to hear - even if I have to tell him what it is I need to hear. I love you Emmanuel (I know you secretly read our blog) and this Thanksgiving and for the rest we will share together - I am thankful most for you. It is because of you that I feel strong and supported in what I believe is the most important work I will do in my life.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Cute picture of Ben! That was a fun shirt for him to have for the holiday. That's fun how fast Emma's language skills are developing. That made me laugh to hear she even recognizes rhombus and trapezoid. What a little smarty! I also had to smile about what you were saying about Emmanuel. It was very nice what you said and I'm glad he's helping you out better and being a good husband. I just had to smile about him telling you what you needed to hear even if you have to tell him what exactly it is you want to hear! :) Poor men trying to figure us women out, ha! I do that to, sometimes I have to tell Wayne what I want to hear and it just made me smile to hear someone else say it! Sounds like it's been a great and busy year for you guys!