I Am Officially Inspired.

Monday, March 23, 2009

I have been watching The Biggest Loser for 2 or 3 years now. I always thought it was a neat show to watch because they are real people with real issues that lose a ton of weight.

This season has been different from the others for me. I find myself in tears every other week watching them. Maybe I can relate to them more than ever before now that I have 2 kids, a husband and a house to juggle (and more weight to lose). This season they've talked a bunch about involving people at home. One thing they're doing is the Pound for Pound Challenge. Also, I've heard a lot in the player's comments: "don't just sit on the couch and watch, do something about it". I began to feel a little hypocritical doing just that - sitting there on the couch and just watching, when I know that I have the willpower to do more.

So I started getting up early to exercise. No excuses. Yeah, it can be hard when Ben decides to wake me up 1-2 times a night, but there is no time like the present. Ugh I feel sick writing this, but I am making a public promise here so that I stick to my word.

After I had Ben I weighed 195 lbs. (Feeling sicker.) When I got married I weighed 160, and that was the thinnest I've ever been in my life. I've always been "big boned" as my well-meaning family would always say. But I wasn't meant to be that way - I just think that there were a lot of stresses growing up and I put on weight and never lost it. I think deep inside of me there is a mentally and physically healthy 140-145 lb. Michelle. And so that's my pledge. No more sitting on the couch and watching others take control. It's my turn. I HAVE to make time for myself, and just do it.

So there it is. I am making a promise to myself and to the whole world I guess, to lose 40 (eek) pounds. My plan is to wake up and do an exercise video before the kids wake up, make healthier choices in the kitchen, and incorporate more activity into my daily schedule. (I'm starting a garden...posts to come soon!).

Are you trying to lose weight or be healthier? What are your goals? Share with me so I don't feel so sick haha!

0 comments: