Daddy's Girl

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last night I asked Emmanuel if he could give Emma a bath so I could clean up dinner. I noticed after about 20 minutes that they had been in there quite a while without complaints, and I was impressed. Usually somebody loses patience, whether it be Emma getting water in her eyes or Emmanuel wanting to get back to Countdown with Keith Olberman. Anyway, I was wondering what was going on in there, so I went to peek at them. As I got closer to the door I heard Emma contently saying "washy" and "papi". This got me really interested. As I got closer to the bath, I saw Emmanuel sitting on the toilet, lid down, his legs in the bath tub and his shorts rolled up, and Emma pretending to give his legs a bath. Haha. I thought it was so cute. They were completely content playing bath together. I think they were in there together close to 40 mintues. Afterward, Emma was so calm and happy I think she would have stayed up playing independently until 10pm if we let her. It makes me so happy to see Emmanuel taking time out for Emma and getting creative with her.

Anoche pidio a Emmanuel que le banara a Emma para que yo podia limpiar bien la cocina. Fije despues que 20 minutos que estaban bien tranquiilos, que es un poquito raro porque los dos son inpacientes :) Emma no le gusta recibir aqua en sus ojos, y Emmanuel le gusta ver las noticias en esta hora. Entonces fui a ver lo que pasaba. Cuando entre el bano vi a Emmanuel sentado en el sanitario con los pies en el bano. Emma estaba diciendo, "Papi" y "lava" y estaban jugando. Emma estaba lavando a las piernas de Emmanuel como Emmanuel estaba lavando a ella. Jaja. Me hizo reir mucho. Estaban contentos 40 minutos jugando en el bano. Me hace feliz que Emmanuel toma tiempo para sus ninos y comparta estos momentitos con Emma. Que chulos son.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Cute story! I'm glad the two could enjoy some fun bonding time together so you could get something done. Sometimes it's nice to have a break for a minute even if it is to get some cleaning done without being disturbed.

Anonymous said...

Aw that's so cute!
What a nice Papi :)
And cute picture by the way...Emma gets prettier and prettier every time you post a picture of her.
<3 Aunt Sam

{ Lana Cox } said...

Shakes is the best! Chad and I use to go there all the time. If you haven't had their apple pie concrete you've got to try it, yum! I like it better than coldstone. The owner use to make our shakes all the time when we use to go, and yes he always gave Dev a kiddie cone. That's so cute about Emma and Emanuel. I love stuff like that.

Unknown said...

muy bueno muy bueno, esta bien que dejes a emma vivir su infancia eres un buen padre es muy bonito. ANDRES.

Tio Emmanuel, estuvo muy chistoso que tu dejaras a Emma jugar contigo. Marina.