Emma's World

Thursday, September 4, 2008


There has been a lot going on with Emma lately. So much that she's kept her mom from blogging for days :)

Her sentences so far:

1. "I got choo"
2. "Oh my gosh, shoes" haha this is a funny story, watch this video if you want a goofy laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA
3. "Bye bye Papi"
4. "Watch Elmo" (Can you tell she likes Elmo's World on Sesame Street?)
5. "I love you"
6. "Pants off"
7. "(I'm) ready" and "Lista"
8. "Lets go" and "Vamanos"
9. "Cargo" (Spanish for carry me)
10. "Open it"

I've been trying to keep track and write them down as they happen, but she's been talking so much I know I'm forgetting some. The fun thing is that Emma and I can have some very simple conversations. I'll ask her where she wants to go and she'll tell me to get ice cream haha. You can tell a lot about a kid by the sentences they say, huh?

So the other major progression is that Emma has officially started potty training. It all started about 4 months ago when I started to sit her on her potty before she got into the bathtub. Last week, each time she took a bath, she would sit down and actually pee. So that was a major hint to me that she has bladder control and to start other routines. She's still in diapers, but yesterday she went all morning (until her afternoon nap) dry because she went on the potty each time. She asks to go to the potty when she needs to go, and insists on getting completely naked haha. She's like a little time bomb running around naked haha it makes me nervous. I'm just worried about accidents on the furniture and stuff. I really don't want to buy Pull-Ups because I heard that kids think they're diapers anyway. Ha Emma thinks underwear are diapers (yep, found that one out the hard way.) So, if you come over to my house anytime soon, beware of a naked child running around :) Nah, the chances are low on that one. I usually get her dressed and back into a diaper after she's done on the potty. It's a pain because I dress and undress her like 20 times a day though. Anyway, maybe with more practice she'll be peeing in the potty consistently before baby #2 comes. I've heard poop is another milestone... Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up for a miracle and I'm just going to take it at her pace and along with my patience and schedule.

4 comments:

Hollygram said...

Hi Emma,

I am so proud of you! It will be nice to hear you talk over the phone and in person...

Keep up the good work..in both departments!!:)

Take care and enjoy life!!

Love,

Hollygram

Michelle said...

Way to go on the potty training before the little Mr. comes! I kinda wish I would have done it before Evelyn came, but at the time it was such a game to Abby. But now, buying diapers for two is a lot! And plus now I'm too tired to put forth any effort! It'll happen sometime!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Fun Fun, good luck with the potty training. Our's has been interesting, lol. That's great that you right down what she says and how she says it. I think you'll really appreciate looking back on that.

Anonymous said...

Aww Emma looks so cute in that picture...
i cant believe she's saying all that!
Holy crap...it must be so cute to hear her say i love you