Family Day

Saturday, January 19, 2008


It was a chilly day (about 55) but it was the first day the sun came out in about 4 days, so we decided to get bundled up like Texans do when they think they're in Alaska, and go downtown. We don't go down there as often as we should because the traffic moves slow due to construction, and then once you get there it's usually at least $10 to park.

Today we walked the riverwalk and ate at Shillo's - this neat deli with a diner-type feel. Emma ate her first hot dog. But she didn't really eat it - she just tried a piece (a miracle!). I know you moms are going to get on my case, but I swear she's a picky eater. She goes through these phases, like right now if I give her a vegetable she'll spit it right back at me, even when they're hidden behind noodles or something. Potatoes are the only veggie she's currently eating. (Green beans used to be okay too, but not anymore!) If you moms have any suggestions on how to get more veggies and fruits in my little ogar, I'd love to hear them.

So while we were downtown we shot some photos, and Emmanuel took one of the best pictures I have of me and Emma so far! So I am excited. I know I love to look at pictures of me and my mom when I was little, so I hope she'll like it someday as much as I do!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah that is a great picture! Abby has gotten SO picky too! One way I know she'll eat something, is if it's mixed with noodles. Those Lipton soup mixes seem to be really good. My thought is at least she's eating something and getting some calories in. As far as making everything nutritious, I try, but at this point I just want her to eat enough!

Hollygram said...

Dear Michelle & Emma,

I love the photo as well! Two beautiful girls!!

Looking forward to many more photos!

Love,

Hollygram :)

Katie Smith said...

What a great shot. You both look so beautiful, and that is definitely a shot to frame.

About the food, Jack is picky too! He really enjoys steamed broccoli and carrots. I don't mash them up, I just let him pick them up with his fingers and he does just fine. I actually think he likes to feed himself. He'll also eat apples. I skin them and chop them up into small pieces. Keep in mind, Jack only has 5 teeth, so I don't even think he chews the apples, but at least they get in his belly.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the long post!