Likes/dislikes Mexico continued

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

On the last post, I wrote about the things I love the most about Mexico. Now here are some things I don't care for:

1. No toilet seats! Okay, this may sound trivial, but it bothers me a lot. Most public and some households do not use toilet seats. In other words, you sit on the bowl itself. I have a feeling that it was men who started this trend...

2. Corruption, disorganization. Some may disagree when I say this, but the infrastructure of Mexico is unstable. The roads aren't well cared for, there are police you can trust and then those you can't, the public serviceman can be bribed with a Coke and a $100 pesos. And the number of poor people and the conditions they live in is related to this as well. For me, the poverty is the most shocking and urgent problem that needs reform here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
I saw your first steps! Good Girl!

Mom and Dad get ready to chase. (Anything untouchable goes on top of the fridge.)

Love to all,
Gma
P.S.
Happy Birthday (today) JANUARY 13 !