Emma Goes to the Pool

Saturday, April 26, 2008





This week Emma and I were in the house a lot, recovering from our trip to NY. Thursday, it was 90 degrees outside, and we were getting a little bored, so I decided to take Emma to the pool. First we had to blow up the pool floaty. As you can see, Emma couldn't wait to get in it (that didn't last long). Then we had to get dressed and get sunscreen and hat on, and then we walked to the pool. I'd like to say that we both jumped in, but the water was a little chilly and we started slow. She didn't like much being in her floaty. She wanted to just run around and jump in as she pleased. Too bad it was a very dangerous place for babies! The shallowest the pool gets is 3 feet 6 inches, so we hung out on the steps a lot. Afterward, we had to take baths and showers, and I thought Emma looked especially cute when I made her a dinosaur spike on top of her head with some shampoo. After that, we were ready for naps!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to go to the pool! It's a lot of fun to take them there. I love her floaty:) I like the hair too. We are still working on that department;)

Katie Smith said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to get to the pool this summer. Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww Emma looks so happy in all of these...good mommy