Preggo Update

Friday, April 11, 2008


Well, yesterday was my first visit with the midwives, and I found out some very interesting information. First of all, at 11 weeks pregnant I was able to hear the heartbeat of little baby Garrido #2! I still remember the first time I heard Emma's. I cried both times. It becomes so real to you in that moment.

I guess the big news is that they predict it is a girl (85% chance) because of the way the baby was conceived. I felt very comfortable with the midwives and am very excited to work with them. They classified me as "low risk" and a "great candidate" for VBAC. When they gave me a tour of the place, I got these eerie chills thinking about how many babies had been born in those rooms. They have delivered over 600 babies, so that's a lot of little spirits :-) I guess that's why I got the feeling I did. Oh, and a nice perk - the main midwife is LDS! So there was no need for explaining or elaborating on certain choices I made about testing and other issues. I bet she will be a great resource for many things we still don't know or aren't sure about in the area (like who is a decent medical doctor!).

How do I look and feel? Well, I don't look pregnant yet, but my pants are starting to get a little tight (esp. the low-rise ones). I'm feeling a little better from the nausea just in the past few days, and this week I got back in the kitchen, which Emmanuel was very grateful for. We are going to NY on Monday, so I'm really excited to be feeling a little better and to be taking a trip!

And I just have to make a little note about Emma - this week she's started to mimic what we do even though we don't teach her specifically. For example, yesterday, she was at a friend's house being babysat, and she picked up the TV remote and said, "ello, ello?" like it was a telephone haha. She's so funny. She's a very loving and affectionate toddler. I feel really lucky to have her. And I'm excited to give her a sister playmate!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I am glad you a feeling better. I have been wondering how you've been:) Thanks for the update! I hope you have such a fun time in New York! Enjoy your family!

Hollygram said...

Hi Mommy,

Cute photo!! Your news is very exciting!!!Congratulations!

Take care and talk to you soon!

Love,

H

Katie Smith said...

You look fab Michelle! I'm glad you're feeling better, feeling sick is the pits! Have fun in NY. I'm in Oregon right now so I'll have some fun posts when I get back to Utah.

Ashley said...

Michelle, I'm glad it went well for you. Good luck!