Chocolate Pancakes

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last year I bought a book called Deceptively Delicious about sneaking healthy foods into your kid's diets. I used it to make about 5 recipes and than gave up. Emma nor I wanted to touch any of that junk.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new book from The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue series in an attempt to give this concept a second chance. I don't know about your kids, but I can't get Emma to eat anything green unless it's candy.

So I was absolutely delighted to see Emma eat not 1, not 2, but gobble up 3 of these chocolate pancakes. What's sneaky about them? They have spinach, blueberries, and whole wheat! Even me and Emmanuel ate them, and they tasted good. I've been cooking recipes from this book ever since, with 100% success rate. If your kid won't eat veggies, has allergies, or if you need some healthy on-the-go breakfast recipes, this is the book for you! Check out her website (click on chocolate pancakes) for some free recipes, including a healthy cake recipe!

3 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

Thanks for the tip. I noticed at the library they have a lot of cookbooks, so if you want to try them out before you buy them, it might save you a few bucks :)

Michelle said...

I might need to make some of these recipes for Evelyn! I'm glad you gave me a heads up on the Deceptively Delicious book, b/c I had seen it and almost bought it!

Unknown said...

Awesome find! I hope it continues to be successful. Emma's hair is cute too!