Cozy Little Nooks

Tuesday, February 5, 2008





It never ceases to amaze me how creative little kids are. Just when you think your house is boring and you have to take them outside or pay for an indoor gym subscription for babies, they discover a whole new territory that keeps them happy for days.

Emma has been off-limits in the bathrooms and in the kitchen for months now. Ever since she started crawling and lifting herself up, she headed straight for the toilet to swish. Well, the past couple of days I've been showering while she's still awake because she stopped swishing and she likes to watch me shower (haha yikes). After a couple of minutes of watching me, she got all quiet. I knew she was up to something peculiar, so I peeked out the shower to see. She was no where in sight. So, I hurried to get out and found her inside the bathroom cupboards! She was just happy as a lark in there. She loves little spaces like that - she does the same thing in the living room with the bookcases and with the high chair. We took out a shelf in the living room so she can sit in there. I guess it reminds her of the womb. By the way, this time the big mess you see is because she had to make room to get in (usually it's just because we like it that way haha).

4 comments:

Michelle said...

haha so cute! It's amazing what will entertain them!

Brandi said...

Well I better start preparing myself. Sereniti is crawling all over and climbing up on everything so it'll be soon when I find her in the cupboards. Emma is so cute!

Katie Smith said...

That is so funny, and so cute all at the same time. Don't you just wonder sometimes what is going through their little heads? I can just imagine Emma thinking, "okay, mom's in the shower...what can I get into?..."

Brandi said...

My sister sent her that shirt and it's from Old Navy. It's a onesie(sp). I really like it too. I have to stay away from Old Navy because I like to shop there, only in the clearance, but that still adds up because there are so many good deals.