Yes We Can

Friday, February 29, 2008

Emmanuel and I had the opportunity to attend rally supporting Barak Obama last night here in San Antonio. When Obama finally came out (we got a babysitter for Emma and we really wanted to hear the whole speech) the energy in that place was amazing! The whole time he was talking I felt chills down my body because of the amount of people cheering and the positive message that he was giving. I really admire his attitude of trying to bring people together and focusing on what we can change instead of dwelling on the negative. It was a neat sight to see whites, blacks, Latinos, and even Indians and kids all there to support his message. It gave me a little more hope in the American people. (Not that they are Obama fans, but that they believe his message that we are all created equal and that seeing our similarities, not our differences, can unite our nation.) You could tell Obama's character is genuine - and regardless of if he wins the presidency, the senate needs more like him.


2 comments:

Michelle G. said...

Haha I love it how this was the most unpopular post so far. Not 1 comment. I must be friends with a bunch of republicans or something!

Emmanuel said...

I think you're right, maybe another comment will get some more attention :P