Words Emma Can Say/ Las palabras que puede decir Emma

Sunday, February 17, 2008





Suegra - te prometo que voy a poner un video de Emma bailando. Nada mas necesito 2 dias :-)

There is a story behind each one of these words, but I notice that I write long posts, so if you want to hear a story, make a comment about the word you're most interested in. By the way, she doesn't say the words in parenthesis, those are only for translation of explanation.)

1. cracker (galleta)
2. mas (more - food, of course)
3. papa (dad)
4. gata (cat)
5. na (no)
6. po-po (I think you can figure it out)
7. la (she says this in a desperate way when she wants you to do something, like read a book)
8. ba-ba (bye-bye/adios)
9. mama
10. bon bon (marshmallow...he he he)

There are probably more, I just can't think of them right now. I'll probably be adding to the list as the days go by. She understands lots more than that; for example (se entiende mucho mas que las palabras arriba; por ejemplo) "Emma, apagalo" y lo hace. I tell her in Spanish to flip the light switch and she does it.

We love Emma so much and she makes us laugh everyday. Yesterday we had a really fun baby shower here at our place and Emma was gone with papi for about 3 hours. I realized how much time we really spend together and how used to that I am, because I missed her so much! She is getting so big walking around like she owns the place and even trying to run! We were chasing her around today and she got a kick out of it stumbling and laughing like a little borracha.

Here is Emma with her sunglasses that she only wears outside. She loves to be out on the porch to get her vitamin D.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I really wish I wouldn't have been late yesterday so I could have seen Emma more! She is such a doll! I love her cute pigtails. And I too have been snacking your coconut cake. Funny story: Paul snuck a bite of it and learned why I never invited him to have some! (he hates coconut!) That'll teach him to eat my treats! ;)

Hollygram said...

Hi Michelle/Emma,

Great photos! I agree with Michelle, she is a true doll!

I look forward to seeing what the blog with bring with photos and stories.. I really enjoy the videos.. it feels as if we are right there enjoying the laughs.

Miss you all!

Love,

Hollygram

Hollygram said...

Emma,

Cool shades by the way! A girl after my own heart!

Love,

Hollgram :)

Anonymous said...

Mom says "She's adorable, she looks just like you! "

And i think she should be a baby model...really haha she is soooo pretty.
Haha i love those sunglasses, and her little teeth!
i misss you guyssss
I need to visit asap

<3 Aunt Sam