Happy...Valentines Day???

Thursday, February 14, 2008




It was a pretty peculiar Valentine's Day (evening). Emmanuel was a sweetheart and got delivered for me a bouquet of beautiful tulips, and that was nice surprise, because that was first time he got me real flowers. Emma got a new pair of sunglasses, and we tried them out when we went to the grocery store. She always takes mine right off my face and tries to put them on hers. Now that she has her own, she will only keep them on her face when we are outside. So as soon as we got out of the car, I put them on her, and as we are walking to HEB everybody is laughing at her, and then as soon as we get in the shade, she rips them off.

So this evening I made a variation of Rachael Ray's "surf and turf tex-mex style" as seen on yesterday's show. Emmanuel loves shrimp, so I thought a little steak for me and Emma, a little shrimp for him, sounds good. Things started going wacky when I turned the broiler on. The smoke alarm kept going off. It went off so frequently that Emmanuel just stayed by the alarm with a huge board to fan it. Whenever he would walk away, it would go off again. Even Emma would start waving her arms when she would hear it haha. He eventually got out the blow dryer. Yep. My hair dryer. It worked though, so long as he stayed there with it on all of the time the broiler was on. So then the oven went off and we all ate, and Emma got all full of beans. We had to give her a bath to get them out of her nose, hair, ears, etc. I put Emmanuel in there in the bathroom with her so I could clean up. So then I hear, "Michelle, you had better come here a minute...like now." I walk in and the bath water is milky brown. The first thing that came to my dirty mind was "oh *hit". Emma pooped in the tub. I knew it would happen someday, but I thought I was pretty swift and would avoid it for a while. Now the problem is that Emmanuel just can't handle poop. It triggers his gag reflex. I thought he was just a big baby, but he really has a problem with it (hahaha poor guy). Sorry to dwell in the land of BMs, but I just have to say is was the grosest thing I've had to do as a mom. (And there was no help unless I wanted to clean barf, too.) There were whole beans in there. There were solids and liquids. Various solids and colors. I guess she had too much fiber. She loves beans, but I think it's time to lay off the little black boogers for a while.

I am happy to say that things have calmed down now, and I think we're going to enjoy a new episode of LOST as soon as Emma goes to bed and eat some Valentine's dessert.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the flowers. But I'm with you in NOT loving poop in the tub! Abby's only done it once and ever since then I'm on full alert with a diaper nearby during bath time! Oh and beans...there's something to them with little girls! NOT good! I'm still weary of giving Abs beans. Luckily her's came out in a diaper though. Yuck!

Katie Smith said...

Okay, first off...eeeewwww about the poop in the tub. Jack has done that too, more than once and it's so disgusting. Thankfully Emmanuel was able to hold the barf back so you didn't have to do that job too. Secondly, LOVE the flowers. Tulips are my absolute favorite. Looks like an adventurous day. :)

Hollygram said...

Hi Michelle,

What a beautiful floral arrangement! I love tulips!
That was so thoughtful of Emmanuel.

I am glad that you had a great day!

I hope you recieved the E-card I sent to Emma for Valentine's Day?

Love,

H

Michelle G. said...

Holly, we didn't get the e-card. I couldn't get it to open. (And I was scared to try too hard because there was a pretty nasty virus going around with e-cards.)

It's the thought that counts though!