A New Sport

Saturday, March 29, 2008

It seems that Emmanuel and I eventually accommodate ourselves to the sport of the area we live in, once we find one that doesn't cost that much to practice, of course. At BYU-I, we really got into racquetball. I played intramural racket to try and get better to beat Emmanuel, but I never did. Now I'm really excited because I have a fair chance at winning at our new sport. We started playing disc golf, which so so much fun and you can play if you can walk pretty much (great for first trimester preggos). They have a course at USAA, where Emmanuel works, and there were no people there today! It's like a private country club! Today we played for the first time and took Emma. She was so tired from walking that she just sat on the grass (she doesn't mind the grass now!) and watched while she could. She also went to bed pretty much right after we got home. We will be playing whenever it's not too hot or rainy! If you come visit us, we'll take you, too! It's like playing sophisticated frisbee :-) If you're still curious about what disc golf is, check this out.

By the way, funny story - Emmanuel's disc got stuck high up in a tree and I climbed it to shake it out! I haven't done that since I was a teenager. It was fun, and I'm kind of proud of myself that I got it out! Just because I have babies inside and out doesn't mean I can't climb trees (carefully)!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Enough with disc golf, BABIES!? Are you having twins!? Or more? Or was that just a nicely placed shocker for your readers?

I've heard about disc golf but I've never played. It looks fun though. Looks like my kind of sport. Active but not ACTIVE! Haha.

Michelle G. said...

Haha let's nip this one in the bud. As far as I know, I am not having twins. I only saw one baby last time I had an ultrasound. That's why I said "babies inside and out" aka Emma and the unborn one :-)

And disc golf is active but not active haha. That's why it's so fun. By the way, we played Sat. and today my right arm is so sore! I guess you'd develop some good arm muscles playing regularly :-)

Katie Smith said...

Look at you climbing trees! Way to go. We have some good friends in Oregon that introduced us to Disc Golf. Mike really enjoyed it (I never got to play) but it looks like fun! I love that Emma just plops down on the grass because she's tired of walking...she's come a long way from her days of being terrified of the grass! :)