So I Made This Dress

Monday, March 24, 2008























I did a sewing project once when I was in high school, and I remember that I had to ask my mom for help at every step because I felt like the pattern was in a different language. Well, I guess college has taught me a few things, because after about 2 weeks working on this dress for Emma - little by little - I got it done! I am so excited that it came out the way I wanted it to. The one disappointment I do have is that I thought that if I sewed a dress for Emma from a pattern that it would teach me how to sew. I think I learned more about reading patterns than learning how to sew :-) I can totally understand why people who make homemade clothes sell them for so much though - like designers - I wouldn't accept a penny less than $50 for all the time that went into this one.

More pictures of my mini model wearing her dress to come soon.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You made that!? Very impressive! It's adorable. Looking forward to the modeling session pics.

Brandi said...

That is so cute and nice! Sometime I need to dive in and start sewing, but I'm a little nervous. Hope all is well for you! I loved the gata pictures!

Anonymous said...

hahah aww mommy your so cute.

Hollygram said...

Michelle,

I love the new selection from the "Garrido Collection'! I can't wait to see Emma strutting the cat walk with her new dress!

Congrats!!

Love,

H

Katie Smith said...

You are such a domestic goddess! I'm completely envious of your mad skeels. I just purchased my first baby blanket kit and I'm going to attempt to put that together. Hopefully I can pull it off.